During these times of restricted social activity, the Pickleball Community needs to respond with a modified operating model. Socializing at the courts does not match the requirements and orders put in place by our Provincial Health Authority. The following are guidelines for returning to the LVR courts. (We have no jurisdiction over Lakeside Courts. Contact the City of Nelson, if you wish.)
- Stay home if you are sick or have come in contact with someone who is sick (14 days)
- Maintain social distancing.
- Pre-arrange play via signup.com ONLY. NO DROP-IN games.
- Play with a limited number of players. We will start with 2 courts.
- Play only with your 5-person pod. Do NOT intermingle with players from the other court.
- To limit Social Interactions, as recommended by the Provincial Health Officer for BC, Dr. Bonnie Henry, always play with the same partner or players in your foursome (your Pickleball Social Bubble), for at least the first month.
- Please do NOT arrive early or linger after your playing time.
- Avoid touching your face until you have washed your hands (soap and water or sanitizer).
- Use the Hand Disinfectant provided at the gate after entering and leaving. Players should also carry their own hand sanitizer for use after each game.
- No sharing of equipment, water bottles etc.
- No paddle taps at the end of the game.
- Provide your own balls or contact Doug or Gloria to receive a club ball.
- Sanitize the balls before bringing them to the court (20 second wash with soap and water). Everyone is responsible for their own balls.
- Print your name on your ball(s) with a permanent marker.
- Extra balls will also be available from the club at a very reasonable price.
- When your ball travels to another court, ask a player to kick or paddle it back to you.
Booking of Times
- Booking by court and time-slot will be done, as in winter, via signup.com.
- Sign up can be done for groups of 2, 4 or 5. To facilitate contact tracing, if needed, all names must be included.
- We will play on the two outer courts to accommodate Social Distancing.
- All players must pay the Tennis Club Annual Membership fee or a $5.00 Tennis Club Drop-In fee.
- All time-slots will be for one hour and twenty-five minutes. There will be five minutes between bookings so that the current players can gather their belongings and leave before the new group enters the courts.
- Please do NOT enter the courts until everyone from the time-slot before your booked time has left.
- If nobody is waiting at the end of your slot, please lock the gate.
WHILE HAVING FUN AT PICKLEBALL.